Paychence

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on October 24, 2011

Something I am running out of with these assholes.

SimpleEnough November 28, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Wow, they should have went all out and named her “Paycheck”!

emma February 13, 2012 at 1:43 am

i for one am going to be calling my daughter paichence in a few short days time. there is nothing wrong with this good old english name. and by the way it is pronouncd patience. who are you to dictate what people should czall their children. admittedly some parent dont think about the fact their child will have to go through life with the name given to them but ulitmately it is not for you to decide what is stupid and what is not

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 13, 2012 at 7:24 am

Actually, it IS for me to decide. And I just did. Paychence – and any spelling thereof – is a stupid name.

And guess what? YOU are one of those parents you speak of! Welcome to your life, Emma!

-suppressed- February 16, 2012 at 4:05 am

Emma, you for one have (by now) marked your child as white-trash-with-an-illiterate-solo-mother. Congratulations! Are you proud? Did you piss your Daddy off? Not to mention anyone in your entire family with a shred of class (not that I suspect that list is very long).

The moment you have to explain how it’s pronounced, it’s wrong. There’s your first clue. The second indicator that you should not be responsible for naming anyone is your inability to use an apostrophe. No apostrophe = no writee Englee, savvy? And thirdly, if you object to what Lemonjello and I have done already on the subject of your postulated daughter’s stupid name, just you wait and see what the other seven billion borderline sociopaths are going to do to your kid. It’s going to be….hideous. The kindest thing anyone will do for her is briefly employ her as a stripper. And that’s in 2027. For a week. Before she OD’s, gets fired, goes home and pukes all over the cardboard boxes that pass for furniture in her squat. HOW COULD YOU? Why oh why couldn’t she have been a nice girl called Sarah? Or even Samantha, if you couldn’t resist something a bit sluttier? AUGH!

Patience April 30, 2012 at 11:48 pm

It would really piss me off for some one to call me payCHence when my name is Patience. Spell it correctly and it is a unique name with meaning and interest. Spell it with a CH and you are asking for too much stupid drama. Your child will enjoy a special name like Patience but not if they have to explain that her mom was just trying to be different not stupid. It looks like you did not know how to spell it so you sounded it out like a pre-schooler. JUST SAYN’!!

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm

So let me get this straight – you think Paychence is dumb (and you’re right) – but Patience is OKAY?!?! Wow.

Catherine August 3, 2012 at 11:38 am

Patience is a pretty classic (although unusual) name, coined in the 17th century by the Puritans. PaYCHence is idiotic. PaICHENCE is even worse.

dregj September 8, 2012 at 9:30 am

to sleep Paychence to dream
of better parents than these

John December 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Times are tough these days. Lots of people living paychense to paychense. Fuck, auto spell correct even hates these names!!!

exavier March 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm

i think all of you are derps… patiance is a stupid name what the fuck are you thinking calling it a good name GFU
bai! <3

Suppressed October 15, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Yeah, to be fair, I’m coming out on the side of Patience (correctly spelled) as being an example of the Naming a Kid for a Virtue trend, like being called Constance or Prudence.

Horribly old-fashioned and smacking of religious fundamentalism yes, but wrong, no.

Miss-spellings as noted above are an atrocity to be stamped out mercilessly.

Paychence March 5, 2014 at 2:51 pm

This is offensive… Because my name is Paychence and nobody calls it dumb.. All of my friends and people I know it just random people say my name is amazing and unique.

Lemonjello Redenbacher March 7, 2014 at 10:50 am

They’re all liars.

Suppressed April 3, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Paychence, there’s two kinds of friends, the kind that would tell you there was a booger hanging from your nostril, and the other kind.