Jael

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on August 3, 2011

Not bad – since that’s where she may end up after having to kill some other kids for making fun of her all the time.

Steve August 11, 2011 at 10:35 am

The greatest tragedy, I feel, is that is that although this name is truly a pinnacle of trailer-trashness, and the bearer of the title would seem destined for the dregs of the underclass, there’s just such a rich crop of dumb/ thoughtless/ inane names now doing the rounds, this one will probably not attract the derision and consternation it so richly deserves. Besides, the illiterate wastrel parents will no doubt insist that it’s pronounced “Jy-eeeee-l” or some unforgivably fanciful interpretation.
And parents, when you give your kids stupid names, or you misspell or bastardize existing names, you lose the right to exercise any control over how these names are pronounced. If the name is “Moron” then the child shall be referred to as Moron, with the accepted pronunciation of the word. In fact, double-emphasis will be placed on the Moron. And no amount of parental foot-stamping will make people pronounce Moron as “My-reeeene” or “Gan-greeene” or “Moo-rooon” or “Clubbed-Foot.” Period.
And ‘Period’ is not a name. And for the love of all that is decent and comely, please don’t any parents-to-be take this as a challenge.

Jenni August 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Jael is straight out of the Old Testament. I’m not the least bit religious and I know that much. It’s a name that has been used in Europe forever, so it least it has some historical basis, unlike the BS that is the made up name with made up spelling.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 12, 2011 at 6:27 am

And? Does the old testament somehow excuse the fact that it’s a piece of shit? Those assholes back then were the WORST at naming people.

This site makes me sick August 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

This site makes me sick. Your sole focus in life seems to be to figure out how many times you can squeeze “shit” into a sentence.
By the way, the name Jael is the English translation on the Hebrew name Yael, which is pronounced Yaah-el. It’s actually a relatively nice name, and if you’d stop being a closed-minded, judgemental jerk, maybe you’d actually find something nice to say about someone else. But first you’d need to learn how, because your brain seems to have rotted away by now.

Anonymous February 4, 2015 at 6:12 pm

I agree. What a bunch of small minded, mean spirited assholes. Not one of those criticizing the name were bright enough to bother looking it up first…smdh.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 5, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Do you need to look something up to know it looks and sounds stupid? I don’t.

lemojello dummy February 5, 2015 at 6:21 pm

lol you just proved their point…dummy.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 7, 2015 at 8:31 am

If you’re going to call someone stupid, at least get their name right.

Anonymous August 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm

It’s not pronounced like Jail – it’s Jye-ELLE. I think it’s pretty – and the girl I know with this name isn’t teased.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Yes she is. Maybe not in front of you – and maybe not even to her face – but I promise you she’s teased.

Alice August 1, 2013 at 10:46 pm

It seems especially popular among religious fundamentalists. And, quite eerily, an ad for Liberty University is right next to the box in which I’m typing this!

name February 25, 2014 at 6:43 pm

My guess is many English speakers would pronounce Jael like the letters, JL. Though I imagine some ignorant fellows, who endeavor to make others feel as trashy as they, might pronounce it Jail.

Jael April 29, 2016 at 3:42 pm

My name is Jael its pronounced JL. I did not grow up in a trailer park. And I’ve never in my life had someone pronounce it jail that’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard! No one has ever made fun of me for my name, it gets miss spelled but that’s how it is when your name is fun and different and it matches my personality which i love!