Briella

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on February 19, 2011

In addition to being all around awful, this one also sounds way too much like Cruella (which is probably her mother’s name).

Maegan March 9, 2011 at 11:41 am

FWIW, I know a friend who loved the name “Gabriella” but did not want her child to get stuck with “Gabby” as a nickname. So she just used “Briella”. It really isn’t as awful as it seems. :)

And I have never thought about Cruella…Just like I don’t think about Cruella when people say Isabella, or any other “ella” name.

Lemonjello Redenbacher March 9, 2011 at 11:43 am

Sorry – that does nothing to lessen the awfulness of the name. She could have picked a thousand other names that didn’t sound like shit. Gabby is better than Briella, too.

Lemonjello Redenbacher March 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I sure do! It’s called common sense. ;)

Gabby does, indeed, suck ass. But at least it’s been around and has been somewhat swallowable. We don’t need new shit like Briella to force down our throats.

Although I see your point, I don’t totally agree with the nickname thing, as sometimes nicknames just develop naturally, despite the parents good intentions on using the full name when the child was born. But the one thing I hate — I REALLY FUCKING HATE – is when someone tells me, “We’re naming her Susan Grace (or whatever the first and middle names are)…but we’re going to call her Grace.” I want to rip that person’s face off and stomp on it with golf shoes.

Maegan March 9, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I dunno, I think “Gabby” is pretty shit-tastic. But I’m anti-nickname anyway. If you want your child to go by a shortened version of a longer name..just use the shorter name! That’s what she did.

Do you have some kind of scale or formula you use to decide what is “all around” awful or is it just your personal sense of awfulness?

Maegan March 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm

My husband’s family is like that…And for that reason alone, I picked names that do not easily morph into nicknames for my kids…The one has a middle name that just doesn’t do well alone…and the second has shorter first name…so there’s no reason to use the nickname, b/c it’s not “shorter” or “cuter” or anything like that.

Pete October 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Altogether now.. ‘Under my umbriella ella ella…’ Kids are cruel and don’t give a shit whether adults don’t like or agree with nicknames.

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Briella? If you want people to take this site seriously maybe you should keep to just posting names that are genuinely horrible rather than names you don’t personally like. I know like a dozen Briella’s (it’s a very common name) and I really don’t see what’s wrong with it past personal preference. I mean it’s your site, I don’t care if others don’t take you seriously.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 1, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Pull your head out of your ass and take a look around the site, Jenny. Most people around here take me more seriously than your kind.

Anonymous October 25, 2015 at 3:26 am

Seriously this is coming from someone that calls themselves Lemonjello?

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Lol, you mean the people who come on here to have people agree with them that names are horrible? I’m saying you wouldn’t last in an arguement with real competition. My head isn’t in my ass, it’s in the real world.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

Learn how to spell argument before telling me that I’d lose one.

Jenny January 2, 2012 at 3:19 pm

You’d lose an argument even if it was spelled horsesass.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 3:21 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!! Lord, you’re killing me over here! Better try some open mic stuff at your local Opry house – you’d have ‘em all in stitches!

Sarah. January 27, 2012 at 9:30 pm

No one thinks of Cruella when they hear Briella, it’s just a regular name.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 28, 2012 at 6:47 am

What the fuck are you talking about? How can you purport to speak for everyone? I can say with 100% certainty that you are wrong, because I think of Cruella when I hear Briella.

Christ – some people may not agree with me, but at least I admit that mine is just one OPINION, and don’t claim to speak for everyone in the fucking world.

Captain Obvious February 23, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Briella sounds like a shitty name, no matter what ANYONE says. It reminds me of an umbrella.

Daniel January 26, 2013 at 12:56 am

How does Briella remind your of “umbrella”, are you retarded? At least Cruella makes a little sense. I agree with Jenny, this really doesn’t fall into the category of “stuidkidnames”, it sounds perfectly fine.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 14, 2013 at 9:45 am

Then you and Jenny can go fuck yourselves, huh?

Annie May 13, 2013 at 6:26 am

The name Briella is of Hebrew origin.

The meaning of Briella is “G-d is my strength”. It is the feminine version of Gabriel. So it’s been around for awhile and is a beautiful name in my opinion. So if you think it just some new made up name, and you hate it so much….don’t name your kid it.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Why do people like you insist on coming here to give the fucking history of a name? Just because it’s old or is of a certain origin doesn’t mean it’s not fucking stupid. So what if it’s Hebrew? Can’t Hebrews be assholes too?

Anonymous August 3, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Who the fuck are you to tell people to fuck themselves.. Man you are oversensitve when people state their opinions.. Get off the comp and get a life

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 5, 2013 at 10:40 am

Go fuck yourself.

jess August 30, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Seriously Briella is a beautiful name you fucktard.

Lemonjello Redenbacher September 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm

No. No it’s not.

jess August 30, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Briella is a beautiful name you jerkoff.

Anonymous February 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Briella is a beautiful name!! Your name is awful and so is your personality! You need jesus!!

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 26, 2014 at 10:44 am

I had Jesus once – he was a terrible lay.

Anonymous May 9, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I love this name ‘Briella’ I had the named picked out before I even knew the name excited & yrs before I had another girl.. I love her name and she is so smart, thoughtfull and carrring.. it seems like she is an old soul she is so wise for her yrs… she is only 3.. and everyones telles me her name is pretty.. I guess its a popular name with Italians in New York so I’ve been told ppl actually looked it up and told me I guess cuz they like the name so much.. now I’m pregnant with my 5th baby and I have no clue what to name it…dk the sex yet wish me luck… if you don’t like that names juz don’t names your kids that lol O by the way we call her Ella, breebree, and bumbble bee lol or her 4 yrl old brother calls he Beella.. I juz <3 her name Briella

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 10, 2014 at 10:08 am

Good God – a person with your writing skills has FIVE children?!?! No wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Briella is a gorgeous name! What an asshole! Thanks for the entertainment though. I just happened to go on this site for a second, and laughed my ass off at these comments. I love the name Briella.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 11, 2014 at 8:01 am

Ahhh, so it’s funny – until it hits too close to home. Typical response here.

Kristen September 3, 2014 at 2:22 pm

It’s LR’s site, why bother to come here and argue?! You are not going to win!!!! It’s an OPINION!!! If you want YOUR opinion heard, make your own damn site.

And I agree, Briella is a monstrosity.

Anonymous November 15, 2014 at 9:16 pm

My name is Briella :-(

Anonymous February 9, 2015 at 1:56 pm

nice and lovely name

Anonymous June 28, 2015 at 10:13 pm

jello whats ur first real name

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Puddin’ Taine – ask me again and I’ll tell you the same!

James July 27, 2015 at 3:56 pm

We won’t have to worry about Lemonjello using the name Briella anytime soon. He’s a long way from getting laid much less impregnating someone!

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 31, 2015 at 8:51 am

Already have kids. Thanks, though!

Anonymous February 19, 2016 at 8:43 pm

That’s my name,and I doubt you’d be saying bad things about bad names if u had one