October

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on January 22, 2011

One of the posters mentioned that her friend had named her child October Skyye.  Most of the time when a kid is named after a month, it’s because she was born in that month (although hilariously enough, October here was born in November).

I just don’t get naming your kid after the month in which she was born.  You people do realize that the month your child was born in is pretty much correlative to the month that comes approximately 38 weeks after the month you fucked in, don’t you?

I think I am going to name my next kid after the month that I knocked my wife up in – just to change things up a bit.

Dee February 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

The only two exceptions I can think of to this are June and April. You can call your kid either of those without making people gag.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 4, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Excellent point, Dee – I totally agree. Although they’re not just for kids born in those months – that would be silly.

every1nose1 August 8, 2011 at 3:31 am

seen a December rain, i am sure cause mommy liked the song

Anonymous August 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I think May or Mae is okay too!

A Thinker August 17, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I think May/Mae is an name that you can have without being born in May.

bronco August 28, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Our beautiful little child is named October-Sky Scarlette B. and I think its just a beautiful name. I dont like following along with the heard and having a name thousands of other children have
my child is unique so should her name.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 29, 2011 at 6:26 am

Okay – but do me a favor, please don’t hand her down your “unique” sentence spelling and sentence structuring abilities. She will suffer enough with a shitty name. Illiteracy is just piling on.

Casey Kahlenbacher November 9, 2011 at 6:15 pm

October is a month, not a name. A ‘unique’ child shouldn’t be punished with a super shitty name.

Anawnymuss February 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm

That’s like naming a kid after a season they weren’t even born in. “Oh her name is Summer? When was she born? Middle of December thats cute.”

Anna V December 12, 2012 at 10:56 am

OK, I’m way late, but had to comment.
A co-worker named his daughter Cyan Moon. At first I thought it was Sailor Moon, stupid enough, but I did not believe that the name could be a color. So I asked… and was informed that she was conceived on a night there was a cyan moon in the sky. Yep. Great story to tell your friends when asked about origin of your name.