Alexandru

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on January 15, 2011

It sounds like they decided to name their son Alexander, then, at the very last second – like while they were filling out the birth certificate - changed theirs minds to Dru or some other shit.

angel January 21, 2011 at 11:57 pm

actually! if u read some books and go back in history, alexandru happends to be the Eurpean version of alexander. ALL Europe says Alexandru. I happen to be Romanian, and Alexandru is one of the most popular names in Romania. Just because it sounds weird to u, it doesnt mean is either made up or ugly…i cant stand ANY of the alex combos- i think is one of the most common names out there( and yes-before u say that angel is REALLYcommon- yes it is in fact a nick name)
Alex, alexandra, alexander, alexandru, alea, alessandra ETC, are just way to play and common, however! different coutries have different spellings.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 22, 2011 at 6:53 am

Yeah? Well, I’m an American, motherfucker – and I say Alexandru is a piece of shit name. How ’bout that?

angel January 22, 2011 at 9:05 pm

’bout that! im an American too, granted, not by birth, but i say that ur attitude sucks! ur atitude IS a piece of shit. How “bout that?

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 23, 2011 at 9:12 am

Sounds fine to me. Unfortunately for you, my attitude is the majority, so scuttle away and live your nearly-American life in peace.

European guy January 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

@angel Alexandru is specific to Romania (and appeared possibly via Latin Alexandrus). Certainly it’s not the Europe-wide version of this name.

@Lemonjello You mean on this blog? Cause otherwise it’s sad you believe in superiority of your Staines. This country has to fall, just look how stupid its citizens are with naming kids like that.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 25, 2011 at 10:06 am

European Guy, pray tell – what are Staines? I even Googled it and all I found was some city in the UK that I am not familiar with.

Which country must fall now? America? Romania? This mystical Staines place? What the fuck are we talking about here again?

A romanian February 21, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Um, you’re kinda ignorant for making fun of this name… It alone goes further back in history than the United States…

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Um, what the fuck difference does that make? There are a lot of Saint’s names that are shit too – and they go back a lot further than the U.S.

Priya October 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Alexandru may not be ‘conventional’ but it is not necessary a bad name. You can always just shorten it to “Alex” if your whole name irritates you.

@European guy:
Hey, don’t go hating on the US! And just ‘cuz SOME of us are ‘stupid’ that doesn’t mean ALL of us are! My intelligence is quite decent, thank you!