Pepper

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 3, 2010

It has happened.  We have finally went all the way down inside of the shitter and started using pet names for our kids.  Pepper is a perennial dog’s names, and now it’s being used on human children.

You can bet your ass, folks, that Pepper is merely the beginning of another sickening trend.  Rufus, Spot, Fido and Fluffy are sure to follow.  Prepare yourself to have a Muffin or a Chopper in your kid’s class.  Mark my words…this shit’s gonna happen.

Casey Kahlenbacher November 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Mike Myers named his newborn son, Spike, YIKES!

Anonymous November 29, 2011 at 6:12 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wat bitch

McKenzie June 28, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I’ve never heard of a DOG named Pepper. Only people.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 29, 2012 at 6:06 am

My best friend’s dog was named Pepper when we were growing up. It’s a dog name.

Lionel August 15, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Known far more human Pepper’s than animal Peppers.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 17, 2015 at 9:35 am

Where the fuck do you live?

McKenzie June 29, 2012 at 7:20 am

There are no rules or laws or guidelines for what you can name a person. There are no strictly people names, or strictly dog names, or anything else. Pepper is just a name. Some people obviously hate it, like you, some people don’t care since a name’s a name, like me, and some people like it.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 29, 2012 at 7:22 am

Nope – not true.

Tania August 8, 2015 at 9:33 am

actually, there are rules. Lots. In some countries you can’t name your child Alex, only Alexandra or Alexander because they don’t want mix up with genders or whatever. My mother had to sign documents saying she understands that my name is a male name in some other country/language.

Snakecharmer July 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

I was a vet tech for 10 years… I saw a lot of people AND their pets. Lots and lots of dogs and cats named Pepper- no people named Pepper. When I hear the name Pepper, I immediately think of a cute little Dachshund who’s last name was Potter. The only person who comes to mind is a fictional character with almost the exact same name. FICTIONAL PERSON, not a real person. This seems to support the idea that “Pepper equals dog or comic book character.”