Khristopher

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on June 17, 2010

Are we really that desperate to be “different” these days?  Really?

Assholes who do this shit probably also stray for the “too normal” nickname of Chris, and call their kid Topher.

Matt August 9, 2010 at 10:35 am

I agree. I hate people who spell names all fucked up just so their kids can be different. I worked with a guy named Erik, with a K! Also, there was a guy named Rik. No C, just a K. WTF is wrong with these parents?

Zeiti June 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Erik is in fact a correct spelling if you look at the names origin. Erik/Eric (and dozens of other forms) is a short form of Erich, which is Old High German. The menaing is approx. “Who has much honor”. In Scandinavia it is also spelled with a “k” and not with a “c”. It is Erik the Red and his son, Leif Eriksson. A single “c” is very rare in germanic languages and is rather pronounced as in “nice”.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Once again – American. You’re barking up the wrong tree. It’s fucking stupid here – just like Zeiti.

Interested Observer August 15, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I think you may spend too much time complaining about people’s names on the internet to know what people think of those names.

Erik and Kristopher are not really rare or made fun of names. One of which as even explained to you is closer to the original for crying out loud.

Maybe if you spent the time learning things on the internet, you wouldn’t feel the need to verbally assault people trying to help you be smarter.

Zeiti June 17, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Because your are .. what? Just the New England Colonies of the British Empire? Or is one of the base fundaments of the USA the mixture of so much different cultures? It’s kinda funny that you reduce your “being american” to simply speaking some kind of a weird british dialect.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Yawn…you make me tired. Scuttle off to your cows or whatever it is that you tend to when you’re not “Zeiti-izing” the internet.

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 6:28 pm

When you make a web site you’re supposed to keep in mind that people from all other English countries will be accessing your page, probably more than Americans would. Actually even in America, if the parents are from Scandinavian or Greek origin I still wouldn’t really see what’s wrong with using a K, it’s a legitimate spelling variant.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

“When you make a web site you’re supposed to…”

What the fuck? Did you invent the internet or something? Look, Al Gore – I’ve created dozens upon dozens of web sites, and I never saw this “rule” while creating any of them.

Contrarily, when I create a website, I’m “supposed” to do whatever the fuck I want. And that’s what I’ve done.

Jenny January 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Oh you’re right, I only meant if you wanted a good website.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm

My site is good enough to get hundreds of visitors a day – and even you’ve been here 2 days in a row now. Funny how horrible sites do that, huh?

Matt August 15, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Kristopher is becoming more common. As it’s now used more when parents with a K name continue on with the K.

My mother never heard of one, but several generations change acceptable spellings. No one my age thinks of this spelling as anything but an ordinary variation.