Heinrich

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on June 2, 2010

I’m sure at one point in time Heinrich was a very common, pleasant and acceptable German name.  But then again, so was Adolf.

Heinrich Himmler was Adolf Hitler’s right hand man.  Both were bad people.  So bad, in fact, that any right thinking parent would never want their child associated with them in any coincidental fashion, let alone a deliberate association such as NAMING your fucking kid the same name as either of them.

ingram June 17, 2011 at 4:17 am

Heinrich? traditional good old German name. ever heard of authors heinrich heine or heinrich böll or scientist heinrich hertz?
Adolf´s out of the question, absolutely nothing wrong with the name Heinrich though

aurora June 17, 2011 at 6:25 am

it’s just plain german Henry, nothing more, nothing less.

Foreigner June 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm

That’s farfetched. The name Heinrich is so ancient that it has not been tainted by association with one of its wearers. Many German emperors were called Heinrich, and generations of boys and men.

I think Heinrich, Henrik and Henry are names that never go out of fashion because they are timeless.

Beth June 23, 2011 at 12:41 am

Heh, Himmler was the first person I thought of when I saw the name Heinrich. I’m with Lemonjello on this one- name your kid Heinrich if you live in Germany, but if you live in the US just use Henry, for fucks sake! Why would you even want to take the chance that your kid’s name will make something think of Nazis? Seriously, come ON!

Beth June 23, 2011 at 12:42 am

And by something, I meant someone. =/

Katie July 7, 2011 at 7:15 pm

No wonder I saw a ‘Heinrich’ in my German exam paper.

da'unique November 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I agree with Lemonjello. Adolf used to be a traditional, common name and I’m sure there were many great Adolfs out there in pre-war Germany. However, Heinrich, like Adolf, just reminds me of a genocidal SS monster.

Anna December 26, 2011 at 4:50 am

Apparently, for some people history started with WWII…But it is normal in a country where antiquity = 15 years old …

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm

This makes little, if any, sense.

Amelia October 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm

He’ll be called hiney for the rest of his life.