Dempsey

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on April 17, 2010

I’m not damning this name in every instance, but in this case it’s stupid.  This lady claims she is going to name her child according to what hair color he’s born with.  Excellent idea, ma’am.  Because hair color makes a ton of difference in the world, and we all know hair color never, ever changes.

If her little angel is blonde, he’ll be Sylas (which is an incorrectly spelled Silas, but that’s beside the point right now).  If he’s got brown hair, he’s Draper (I have no idea why either one of these names are associated with hair color to this lady, but I digress).  Now, if he comes out with red hair, he’ll be called Dempsey…because her husband “insists that if he’s a red-head, he needs a bad-ass name.”

Did I miss something?  When did Dempsey become a “bad-ass” name?  Sounds like a pussy name to me.

Gerbert January 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Don Draper and Patrick Dempsey? Really?

Katie July 18, 2011 at 9:01 am

If she wants a bad-ass name, she can name him ‘Chuck’.

DS November 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Jack Dempsey – this is who I thing of. Boxing heavyweight champ and one of the most vicious punchers of all time.

Lemonjello Redenbacher November 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Yes – I am very familiar with Jack Dempsey. I am also very familiar that Dempsey was his LAST fucking name. If he had been Dempsey Dempsey, he would’ve gotten his ass kicked.

DS November 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Lol. Very true.

Artemis December 21, 2011 at 9:46 pm

The kid won’t have red hair unless both parents have red hair or the genes for red hair, and then it won’t have blond hair. Someone missed genetics 101…then again she wants to name her kid Dempsey so I can’t say I’m surprised.

Joelle July 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I know a 3 year old Dempsey, named after the boxer. Baby brother called Rylan…

Xenerick November 19, 2013 at 4:49 am

Jack Dempsey, the pro boxer, he has the Dempsey roll named after him. Beside being a pro boxer in the early 20th century he was also a fantastic brawler and bar fighter. So Jack Dempsey was pretty kick ass. Although you would have to train your little Dempsey from birth to get anywhere near his awesomeness. Two words for this family GOLDEN GLOVES.