Kasper

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on December 15, 2009

There have only been two notable “Kaspers”.  One was a ghost, the other the Secretary of Defense — and neither was spelled with a K.  This is not a coincidence — little good can come out of naming a kid Kasper.

becca February 11, 2011 at 11:11 am

don’t forget about the main character in that feel-good movie “kids” – you know, the little teenage thug that only hooks up with virgins, and winds up with HIV at the end of the film? warm fuzzies all around! :)

Zeiti June 17, 2011 at 7:45 am

There is nothing wrong with that name, but I guess with you? Kasper, Kaspar, Casper, Caspar, Gáspár are common names eg. in Denmark and there are quite some more well known and notable people having that name. But well, prob. you never heard of Caspar David Friedrich, Caspar Peucer, Kaspar Maria von Sternberg or even one of the Three Wise Men?

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 7:48 am

I’m in America, you fucking Dolt! These names were all found on Americans, in America – not in Denmark.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 7:50 am

P.S. — Zeiti is a stupid name in America too.

Zeiti June 17, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Oh yes, I forgot. The Three Wise Men never reached the USA.. o_O
And furthermore.. what exact cultural background does “America” have? If, if you really think that only “american” names should be fine.. well.. Sitting Bull? Or Pepsi? Or Coke? Or are in fact all the common names derive from european, asian and african roots? Hint: Denmark is not a continent.

I sometimes really wonder.. Oh wait! American? No, I don’t wonder.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Who the fuck said Denmark was a continent?

I love how some foreigners like yourself (not all – just some of you) come on here and act like all Americans are so stupid and you’re so superior. Fine by me. You do what you do, and I will continue to enjoy all of the shit I have acquired as a result of being a well educated American.

Zeiti June 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm

If Kasper is “wrong” because it is not “american” – well, then approx. 95% of all common names in the USA are “wrong”. You either accept that the USA has no own history and is a melting pot of all cultures – or you better start naming your children “Tȟatȟáŋka Íyotake”, “Si Tanka” or “Tȟašúŋke Witkó”. Other indigenous languages of the Americas have surely great names too, I’d suggest looking at the Nahuatl or Aztec: Cacamacihuatzin, Huitzilxochtzin or Miyahuaxiuhtzin , …

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm

This is the most ridiculous post to ever grace our site. Congrats!!!!

Catherine June 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I think Zeiti’s posts are not nearly as ridiculous as your criticism for the name “Kasper” or your reaction to mentioned posts. Okay, so there are many different ways to write this name. But they are all legitimate. This is no reason to never give this name to a child ever again as it’s still nice and pretty normal, especially in comparison to some other names you have listed here. Personally, I prefer the variation “Caspar”. Nice to look at, not a fantasy name and easy to pronounce. Honestly, what’s your problem? Sometimes you’re just a little bit too rude and unreasonable.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Sometimes? SOMETIMES?!?!?

Fuck off, Dear Catherine.

Catherine June 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Okay, I correct myself: You’re ALWAYS rude and unreasonable. Happy now? And you haven’t answered my question yet. And you probably won’t, seeing as you have no actual reason to dislike this name. You just dislike it. Okay. Stupid, but okay.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I dislike it because it’s fucking stupid. That’s reason enough.

Catherine June 28, 2011 at 5:24 am

-.- Despite all your “superior” words and opinions, you’re nothing more but an aggressive dumbfuck, aren’t you? Though I used to very much appreciate most of your comments concerning outlandish names. Pity, that…

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 28, 2011 at 6:11 am

A pity indeed. A pity that, because you don’t like ME, all of a sudden you no longer enjoy my comments about certain names that you don’t approve of (though when they hit too close to home, I’m an asshole).

Catherine June 28, 2011 at 10:19 am

Well, just explain yourself, for bloody fuck’s sake, and stop rambling! I do enjoy your sarcasm and comments on these many ludicrous pseudo-names you have listed here, but I certainly don’t enjoy it when people refuse to give me a goddamn answer that would bloody explain their in my eyes overly harsh reaction to one thing or another. Saying it’s stupid is not a bloody reason. And yes, you’re an arrogant asshole, but I considered you one even before you put on this infantile show. I don’t even have a special relationship with the name “Kasper”. For me, it’s as ordinary a name as John or David. Something you can’t say about Caractacus or Megatron. Honestly, you really have a doltish attitude towards this name. Face it that people will see you as nothing but a self-righteous bastard, and that they have every reason to do so. Although I believe that you’ve realised this long ago and literally bask in the satisfaction it gives you ;-)

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 28, 2011 at 10:24 am

To me, Kasper, and any variation thereof, is as ridiculous as Caractacus and/or Megatron – if not more so. And where I live, it’s not as ordinary as John or David, but as bizarre and uncommon as Caractacus and Megatron.

Does that satisfy your yearning desire to peek into my arrogant, self-righteous and assholeish brain, or should I post a fucking CT scan too?

Catherine June 28, 2011 at 10:45 am

I never had the desire to peek into your brain, thank you very much. I only wanted a reasonable explanation as to why you see this so normal name as something comparable to all these other retarded names. I simply didn’t understand (and honestly, neither do I now). You refused to answer me and instead chose to be a little bitch, but it’s okay now, I’ve come to realise that we’ll never share an opinion on this matter. I’ll nevertheless continue to comb through your list here.

Have a nice day still, you arrogant prick. And keep up the “interesting” work.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 28, 2011 at 10:47 am

Will do!

Surain October 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Now THAT’S entertainment.

Love.

Finley November 21, 2011 at 12:17 am

Arguement settled….Casper should only be the friendly ghost, not a child.

Ragnar November 8, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Dude Lemonjello would be a perfect casting for a live-action strongbad movie :)