by Lemonjello Redenbacher on October 5, 2009

Lol…wow.  I have seen a lot of names get fucked up with parental spelling interventions, but never this common of a name getting fucked up this badly.

I guess I can’t really blame her — she claims she was “hoping for a girl” and just found out she is having a boy.  She even says she, “wasn’t expecting that.”

Oh really?  You didn’t think that there might be a 50-50 chance that you’d have a boy instead of a girl.  It never even crossed your mind to maybe think up a couple of boys names, in the statistically even scenario that you would have a boy?  Unbelievable…

Kre8tiff Nayme October 6, 2009 at 8:29 am

I think this is the French spelling. Just sayin’… Perhaps the mom lives in Quebec?

Stephanie October 10, 2009 at 2:24 am

This is a fairly common spelling of Matthew where I live but we have a large French population. I haven’t ever met anyone who used that spelling who wasn’t French (and generally they pronounce it slightly different…kind of sounds like it rhymes with achoo.

Britney August 2, 2010 at 7:22 pm

This is a dental tool. Google it. I used to be a Dental Assistant and I used it on a daily basis.

Morticia December 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

I live here in French Quebec and you can’t toss a stick without hitting a “Mathieu” in the head. Seriously, it’s a very, very common name. You’re right – it sucks, though.

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 1, 2011 at 8:05 am

Do me a favor – start tossing sticks. Toss them with reckless abandon. Stop this madness!!

Anna December 26, 2011 at 5:05 am

Mathieu is the French version of Mathew … You are very ignorant in USA, I can see that now. It is not just prejudice against americans, it is reality, you people ( most of you , ’cause not everybody are the same ) are extremely ignorant . It is clear you do not realize america is in fact the minority compared to the rest of the world.

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Yes. Ignorant indeed. Sigh…

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Yeah it kind of embarrasses me to be an American now, thanks.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 7:52 am

Sigh. Well then, we’ll be glad to see you leaving.

Jenny January 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Nah, you’re just too much fun to leave :)

Dagmar Skandarbeg February 24, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Provincial hillbilly!

Lemonjello Redenbacher April 3, 2013 at 8:59 am

This is the third time you’ve used “provincial” in a post on the same day. Did you just learn the fucking word or something?

Sarah August 21, 2013 at 8:45 am

I live in Canada and I’ve met probably 20 people named Mathieu. It is the French spelling of the name Matthew and the name is very common. Same as Amy would be spelled Aimée or Jack would be Jacques. They aren’t trying to be unique that’s just how it’s spelled in French :)

Lemonjello Redenbacher September 6, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I suppose it matters not to you that the person doing the naming was not French?