Trixie

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on September 16, 2009

Seriously — this should be considered felony child abuse.  What do you have against this poor little girl that you would damn her so?  I hope one day she calls you from the pay phone at the gas station down the road from her trailer court to tell you she hates you.

And please do society a favor and use protection next time you’re giving a John a half and half.  We don’t need any more fucked up kids because of you.

Christy June 13, 2010 at 5:00 am

I am with you on MOST of these names but I disagree. Trixie is an acceptable short form of Beatrix, just like Terry for Theresa, Mandy for Amanda, Lizzie for Elizabeth etc. I will be using Beatrix if I have another girl, and if the nickname Trixie somehow leads her anywhere near a john and a line of blow, well, at least when she gets too old to be a good hooker she can go by ‘Bea’ and get a blue rinse.

Lemonjello Redenbacher June 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

Ahhhh…and here we go again. The old, “I am on your side — EXCEPT when it comes to what I plan to name MY child. Then, you’re dead wrong and, most likely, an asshole.”

Christy June 16, 2010 at 8:50 am

God no – I am on your side- EXCEPT when you confuse kreative koncoctions with rarely used but legitimate names. I would be heartily against Beertrix, Bheatrix or Beatrixable as well!

Morgan June 29, 2011 at 4:50 pm

It’s really cute as a nickname for Beatrix, but not as a name that stands for itself.

Liz July 7, 2012 at 12:03 am

I had a hamster named Trixie once.

Bek September 30, 2014 at 5:18 pm

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH TRIXIE???

Short for Beatrix or Bellatrix – two very nice names.

Also my dog’s name is Trixie, so watch what you say about her name or I’ll kick your ass.

HiHoHiHo June 9, 2016 at 11:50 pm

I went to high school with a girl named Trixie. It wasn’t a nickname. It was her real name. I don’t know what ever happened to her. Anyhow, I don’t see how somebody named Trixie can ever be taken seriously. It sounds like the name of an 8-year-old circus performer.