Alix

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on September 12, 2009

This is the name of a BOY!  A real, live boy has been named Alix.  I am beside myself.

Is there anyone — and I mean ANYONE — reading this that does not think that this name should be reserved for female strippers?

Natalie September 22, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Perfect stripper name.
Not that I’ve seen any, but, if I were by some strange circumstance going to come across one, this would definitely be a great name.

Bahberah April 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Flamboyant gay male stripper. Problem solved.

Dirk Vollweiler June 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Holy fuck,

I must show that site my colleague, whose name is indeed Alix…

Lucy October 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Alix of hesse was the Czarina of Russia, wife of Nicholas the last Czar. If you are Russian it’s not weird.

Lemonjello Redenbacher October 28, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’m not. And that’s like saying that Sneelarfin97x is Martian, so the name is okay – if you’re from Mars.

Unwise tospeakhere December 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

Oh, come on. It’s not the same at all. Martians and Russians, please. If you’re going to be pissy about such a thin topic as what people name their children, you really ought not to be so lazy about it. Phooey on you.

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 13, 2011 at 9:59 am

Actually, it’s EXACTLY the same. “If you’re from X, then common name in X is not weird, so it’s not weird anywhere.”

So, pray tell, how is it not the same (if you’re not too lazy to come back and answer)?

Unwise tospeakhere December 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

The opposite of left is right, the opposite of right is wrong, so anyone’s who’s left is wrong, right? Not paying attention on ‘logical fallacies’ day in philosophy class or statistics class? Or…

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 13, 2011 at 11:24 am

I love people like you who come in here and pretend that you are some fucking college professor, sneering down your spectacles at the likes of me.

I did get a 97% in my statistics class, though, when I was an undergrad (that was before I went on to get my doctorate). So maybe you’re right — maybe that 3% I got wrong was “talking shit” day that I missed.

Artemis December 31, 2011 at 12:03 am

Not to mention Czarina Alexandra was a GIRL! Alix is on a boy, therefore it sucks because it’s a sissy spelling (yay alliteration!)