Lyric

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on August 3, 2009

I saw this one on a board, and the lady said they loved it because “my husband is a musician and I am a poet.”  Well, that is just fine and fucking dandy, but maybe the child — you know, the human being that has to live with this name for the rest of HIS life (note that I said his, and not her) — isn’t going to be either one of these things and will then be stuck with a name that is absolutely ridiculous AND not applicable.

Change your own fucking name to Lyric if you think it’s so cute and appropriate.  Name your child something that won’t get him taunted.

Natalie August 3, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Wasn’t there a movie that came out in the 90s called “Jason’s Lyric?”
Honestly, I don’t think it’s a bad name, but, like you said, the PARENTS were the ones with the “lyrical” occupations. So, unless you’re 100% positive your kid is going into the family business, stay away from occupational names.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 4, 2009 at 8:58 am

That, and can you imagine a BOY with that name in school? A girl would be awful enough, but a boy would take a verbal pounding for that shit!

Christy June 13, 2010 at 5:12 am

I hate this name more than any other name. With the possible exception of the poor little girl I met called Brian.

meh December 9, 2010 at 1:29 am

I know a lady who named her son Lyrick.

Tangerine August 9, 2011 at 2:37 am

I was hoping this name would be on the list. I work in a kid’s hospital and I’ve met THREE Lyrics with a multitude of different spellings. Lesson? Call your kid a shit name = it ends up in hospital!

knowall besserwisser March 8, 2012 at 10:39 am

Lyric Epic Drama.

Jeremy January 16, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I once had a neighbour who named her newborn daughter Lyric. I think she sensed that I only barely contained my scorn of such a stupid name cause she looked a little sheepish after she told me.

Augie April 21, 2016 at 4:49 pm

The beauty school unsuccessful fat pin-up modeling mother that also does generic horrible zombie makeup… was dating a man with the last name Keys when she got knocked up so they decided to name their newborn daughter LYRIC KEYS. This poor child will be picked on for all eternity!!