Pacey

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 22, 2009

Did you give birth to a horse or a kid?

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 8:22 am

Personally I think it’s CUTE! It may not be so flattering at age 40, but neither is a name such as Wilma or Marge when your child is age 2. I’ve yet to name a pet Pacey. I think the name became more popular after the hit show Dawson’s Creek. It IS a legitimate name!

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 8:29 am

You’ve probably yet to name a pet Drath or Athos or Caydence either — that doesn’t mean it’s a “legitimate” name for a person.

If it’s so legit — tell me, honestly, how many people have you met named Pacey?

Perfect example of how NOT to pick a kid’s name — from a TV show. You’re right — it will not be a bit flattering when you are 40. In fact, it will be downright ridiculous. Ask Pacey when she does turn 40. I bet she’ll agree.

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 6:35 pm

My son had a girl in his kindergarten class named Pacey…thank you very much.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Okay — that’s 1 out of the thousands and thousands of people you’ve met then, right? Good show! Great back up argument for such a stupid name.

Me November 12, 2011 at 7:11 am

Your an asshole yeah maybe there are some bad names on here but you walk around like your fucking god saying oh these people are shit because they are trying to be original

Lemonjello Redenbacher November 12, 2011 at 8:45 am

I don’t need to be God to say that these people are shit for naming their kids stuff like Pacey. A fucking grave digger is qualified to do that.

Oh – and it’s “you’re.” Learn some fucking grammar.

Shea December 13, 2011 at 12:14 pm

If I recall correctly, Pacey was a guy, in Dawson’s Creek?? Anyway, shitty show, shitty name, ’nuff said.

Jana March 13, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I agree, dude. The name is about as ugly as they come. I’ve been on this list for about an hour looking at all the god awful names that have ever been given to kids, and I must say, this is one of the ugliest for me. Pacey. What the fuck is wrong with parents nowadays? It’s like their trying to have their kids get picked on!