Kambrie

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 22, 2009

Honest to God — I read this name, and the others listed below in this post, on a parenting forum.  The lady was due TODAY– the day she posted this — and still had no fucking name picked out.  That’s sad enough on its own.  Make a fucking decision, would ya?  You’re about to be a parent and have to make a lot more difficult decisions than this one.

Here are the names she had it narrowed down to:

Kambrie Alise
Kambrie Paige
Kamdyn Paige
Kamdyn Brie
Kamryn Paige
Kamryn Brie

Have you ever seen such a disaster area as that list?  Hey lady — you realize that all words do not have to start with the letter K, don’t you?  Did you just read the credits on a Hannah Montana show to get these pieces of shit?

Orangejello Jenkins July 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

Good god. Could you post a link to that parenting forum so that I can assail her directly?

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 22, 2009 at 10:19 am

I can’t remember exactly where it was, but I am pretty sure it was in the forums of http://www.parents.com

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 8:39 am

Again, I think it’s cute. Maybe NOT so flattering when you are 40, but can be shortened into a nickname. Whether or not it’s spelled with a “K” is irrelevant! Different people like different things. I’ve seen Cathy/Kathy, Christina/Kristina, Caleb/Kaleb…I don’t think any of them could be labeled as a “disaster”.
And…ahem, “Ms. Jello”, who are you to tell someone to make a fucking decision on what to name thier child…I agree it should be well thought out and a name you love…the child must have it forever.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 8:44 am

Ahem, “Mr. Kelli” — you seem to agree that these names are so bad that the person, as an adult, should use a nickname, but they are good enough for a kid? Astounding.

And who I am is someone who is tired of people like you who are too fucking arrogant to see the damage they are doing to kids.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 9:28 am

Oh — and regarding this little comment:

“I agree it should be well thought out and a name you love…the child must have it forever.”

— that’s precisely the arrogance I am talking about. Haven’t you figured it out yet? It’s not about YOU! It should be a name that your CHILD will love forever. Strapping her with some name that even YOU admit will be unflattering at some point in her life is self-centered.

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Maybe your other brother “limejello” can leave his comments on your nasty site as well???

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 6:49 pm

My brother is Orangejello. You would know that if you looked around, instead of sneaking on here, leaving nasty comments, and then going back to your bucket of bons bons and your gal pals, to laugh about how you “really gave it to that mean feller!”

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I saw you, Lemonjello and I saw Orangejello as well…I was just waiting for “Limejello” to chime in. I’m fairly sure YOU made up Orangejello…so figured you’d be making up some more anytime now.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 24, 2009 at 4:07 am

You’re fairly fucking wrong. Unfortunately for you and your jazzy-naming brethren, there are actually 2 of us. And unless our Mom shits out another and comes to the “Aren’t I Clever With My Special Name” message board to name him or her — there will always be just the 2 of us.

Kambrie February 20, 2010 at 3:02 pm

my name is Kambrie, and i have absolutely no problem with it, i don’t hate my parents for naming me it, i live a verry happy life, and i go by “Kam” you, dude are an idiot. please, get a life.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 20, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I’ll make you a deal, “Kam” — I’ll get a life if you pick up a fucking English text book once in a while and learn how to construct a sentence.

Christ, no wonder you like the name Kambrie — your judgment is cluttered with commas and misspellings.

Kambrie February 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Wow! Well at least every other word I type/say isn’t a cuss word. So what I’m not the best speller, at least I don’t run a website bashing peoples names.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 20, 2010 at 4:09 pm

What the fuck does that even mean? How do shitty spelling habits and the act of running a website bashing peoples’ names even correlate?

It seems to be true that ignorance is bliss. No wonder you live a “verry happy life.”

Kambrie February 20, 2010 at 4:18 pm

What ever. I’m going to go do somthing productive with my life. Have fun with your stupid website

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 20, 2010 at 4:21 pm

1) Whatever is one word, not two. And “something” generally has an “e” wedged in there somewhere…but whatever.

2) Go produce, little Kam. Go produce. But please, for the love of humanity, don’t reproduce.

stacey December 21, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I realize that this conversation is dated, however I am going to leave a comment anyway. My daughter’s name is Kamdyn. If you look that up it is a scottish name meaning “winding valley”. This name is not made up and is not a stupid name. Someone that would judge a person based on their name is a terrible human. To tell someone not to reproduce because of their name or spelling is just not right. You should be the one limited on reproduction abilities just based on the language you use!! Putting this much time and effort into bashing a name is just silly. GET A LIFE!!!!! Oh and by the way, I have recieved nothing but compliments on my daughter’s name:)

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 21, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Hey Stacey welcome to the site! Now fuck off, you rotten cunt!

And consider this NOT a compliment about your daughter’s name. It is fucking ridiculous. Now you can’t say you’ve only gotten compliments!

stacey December 22, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Wow! What a nasty comment to someone defending their daughter’s name! You must be a troubled individual to have such hate for something that doesn’t even concern you. That is so sad. You can call me what you wish, but I have nothing but pitty for you. It’s too bad that humanity has to be brought down by something so trivial. I will still say that I have only recieved compliments about my daughter’s name. I say this because in all reality your opnion means squat. I should actually shake my head at myself for bothering with someone as ignorant and simple minded as you. Merry Christmas to you and your simple named family!!!

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 22, 2010 at 2:19 pm

If my opinion means so little, why do you keep coming back to my site trying to change it?

And how the fuck do you know what my family is named?

becca February 11, 2011 at 10:57 am

can i just say that i’m personally more afraid of humanity being brought down by the hordes of idiots continuing to give their poor children ridiculous names than by this one website dedicated to making fun of all these breathtakingly awful names? oh, also, i used to know this scottish guy who referred to toilet paper as “bog roll”. would that make a good baby name, do you think? i mean, it’s fucking scottish, so it would be totally adorable, right?

Amanda August 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I happen to know a very intelligent, professional woman named Cambri. However, as she put it, “I come from a long line of white trash”. So Kambrie’s probably not the best name, unless the parents also come from a long line of white trash.

Cambrie Elyse December 12, 2011 at 1:43 am

I’m with you, I hate my name, that is why I go by my middle name of Elyse. And to all the idiots that defend it, and/or take this website personally, get a fucking life.

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 12, 2011 at 7:47 am

There you go! From a Cambrie herself. Thanks for your honesty, Cambrie.

Cambrie Elyse December 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm

You’re very welcome, Lemonjello, keep stickin’ it to the shit heads. And to make this name even worse, its spelled with a K….

Kambrie October 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm

My name is not crap!! I love my name and this website is very offensive!! Who are you to say that a name is stupid?? Everyone has their own taste.

Lemonjello Redenbacher October 4, 2012 at 8:43 am

OMG! You’re offended? NO WAY! SMH!!

The other Kambrie's Dad January 6, 2013 at 12:02 am

My 11yo daughter is very happy with her name. She gets lots of compliments. She doesn’t make big deal about.

Kambrie February 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm

You know, I’m pretty sure your going by “Lemonjello” because you don’t want people to start making fun of YOUR name. And I don’t see how a name starting with K can make it ugly? There are lots of pretty names that start with K.

Lemonjello Redenbacher February 25, 2013 at 3:57 pm

You’d better not be too sure about that, Kambrie – because you’re fucking wrong. Quit projecting – it looks terrible on you.

Lori May 30, 2013 at 7:13 pm

You my friend are an idiot…am I supposed to take you seriously when you can’t even speak without using the F bomb every other word…..

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 31, 2013 at 6:14 am

No, you’re not supposed to take me seriously. I’m a fucking stranger with a blog on the internet, for fuck’s sake!

Side note: Learn some punctuation.

Kambrie December 9, 2013 at 10:35 pm

You look stupid saying this about people`s names :)

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 21, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Only to those of you with shitty names.

Anonymous September 21, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Love you
My poor little granddaughter is named Kambrie and it is horrible, I HATE the name

Lyllindz September 23, 2015 at 5:19 pm

So I just need to clarify, are these names only stupid with these spellings or is it the name in general?

Lemonjello Redenbacher September 29, 2015 at 8:44 am

In general, for the most part.

Kambrie October 1, 2015 at 12:03 am

To any parent considering this name for their daughter, know that she will never be called by her actual name. She’ll be ‘Camry’, ‘Camera’, ‘Cambria’ or ‘Kimberly’, no matter how many times she corrects people. It will be 10x worse if you live in the south because even when people get it right they’ll pronounce it “Came-brEE”. If she tries to go by Kam she will forever be known as ‘Kim’. If you absolutely must name her Kambrie at least be considerate enough to give her a decent middle name that can stand alone and use a ‘C’ spelling.
But please, for gods sake just go for a more conventional name. Go a few decades back if you want something unique, but don’t make shit up. You’re dooming your child to repeating her name five times every time she introduces herself. It’s a pain in the ass.