Kyden

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 20, 2009

This is taking the Kylie, Rylan, Kaden and Cadence names one step further.  Or one step shittier, as the case may be.

I actually blushed for this poor kid when I read this name.  This is supposedly a boy’s name.  Can you imagine — just sit and fucking imagine — the torment he will get from the Billies, Richards and Stevens.  It sends chills down my spine.

Kelli July 23, 2009 at 8:59 am

Kylie, Rylan, Kaden & Cadence are cute! Kyden is like combining Kyle and Aiden…both nice names! I can see why people are trying to come up with “different” names. I wouldn’t want my child to be the seventh Jessica or Jennifer in her class. And honestly, someone could be ridiculed for using Billy, Richard or Steven these days as well…although they are good names they are deemed “old-fashioned”.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 9:04 am

I have a GREAT idea. You should start your own site and ridicule the Stevens and the Billys. I am sure it will be a hit. YAY!!!!!!

Kali January 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Just thought I’d comment on the site. My sister directed it to me (I’m expecting next month) and I’ve found it very comical. Lemonjello, you do have a point about naming your kids something too unique and this I speak of experience.

My parents were originally going to spell my name Ceilidh (pronounced Kay-lee), which while looks pretty and unique, they decided against it since they knew that would be hard to pronounce let alone try to teach a toddler how to spell it. So they went with “Kali”. Equally a nice name, however I have found that no one can pronounce it and have spent most of my life correcting people that it is not pronunced Kelly or Kal-lee. Also, Kali also turned out to be a Hindu/Sanaskrit goddess, and working with an international company with an office in Bangalore, I’m pretty sure the office there gets a kick whenever I phone them with computer issue.

That being said, I’d rather have been one of the 3 Ashleys in my elementry school then a 26yr old who has spent all my life either answering by two names or correcting people.

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 22, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Thanks for the perspective, Kali. And shit — Kali’s not even that “out there” — imagine some of these poor kids on here like Meritxell and Apocalypse?

See everyone? All of you Moms that are bashing me, pull your collective heads out of your collective asses and LISTEN to someone who’s been there. Sure, your friends might give you Mommy hugs and kisses for being a neat namer (YAY!!!!!!!!!), but it’s your childrens’ “friends” that you need to worry about.

Katie July 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I think anyone would rather have eight Tyler’s than a Kyden and a HdfskgjksgAfdssg”dsfa’sFdFD (which is most likely going to be the next name smothered all over an innocent life).

Artemis December 26, 2011 at 11:45 am

Can people please stop using ‘Jennifer’ and ‘Jessica’ as examples of supposedly common names; in the 80’s they were big, but nowadays they are NOT. I know 1 Jennifer (in her late 20’s), 1 Jessica, and 5 Mikayla’s. Your ‘original’ crap IS the common name now…

Sarah January 4, 2012 at 10:14 pm

People will put “ky” in front of anything. Kyden, Kyla, kylene, kylynn, kyfart.