Fallyn

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 20, 2009

Huh?  Is this pronounced “fallon”, like Jimmy Fallon or “fallen”, like “I’ve fallen…and I can’t get up!”

Wait – -what fucking difference does it make?  If I have to ponder how to pronounce the name, then it’s not a good thing to stick your kid with.  Plus, whichever way this particular name is pronounced — it sounds fucking dumb.   It’s either a last name or a description of a person’s state of being — not a first name.

Natalie July 28, 2009 at 7:44 am

I actually have seen this one in school. What made it really interesting, though, was that we had someone with this as a first name, and someone with this as a last name. So, when the kids referred to “Fallon,” we never quite knew to whom they were referring.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 28, 2009 at 7:49 am

Perfect “field” example of parental lunacy in action. Fallon, no matter how it’s spelled, is a last name.

Did you ever have any kids with first names like Smith or Washington or Jones?

Anonymous September 20, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Please make sure “Talan” makes the stupid names list, please

Lemonjello Redenbacher September 21, 2009 at 7:57 am

Will do, Anonymous!

becca February 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

oh jeez… as a sub, i had a student named Fallon once, and she took a nasty spill on the playground and bumped her head pretty hard. i had to fill out an injury report and watch her for signs of a concussion until her dad came to pick her up. when he got there, he mentioned this wasn’t the first time she’d been knocked half-unconscious in her short little third-grader life. so… yeah. fall-on. good call.

misty April 13, 2011 at 1:19 am

Lol, I knew a total bitch with this name. We called her Phallic. :D

Fallon October 29, 2011 at 9:01 am

That is very mean. My name is Fallon and it is not a stupid name.In fact it is a very unique name.

knowall besserwisser March 8, 2012 at 8:51 am

Fallyn from the cradle! …Fallon from the cradle.

Falyn August 25, 2013 at 12:44 am

Lol fuck you bitches. This is the whole reason why i hate my name. I want to go by aly because if you look at my name Falyn and you take off then f and the n its aly. I hate people like you. Do you know how many times I have gotten bullied? Why dont you think before you say something mean. Fuck you

Lemonjello Redenbacher September 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Thank you for proving my point. Go tell your parents to fuck off, not me – I didn’t damn you with that name.

Matt December 26, 2013 at 10:12 pm

One trend that I actually don’t mind is the transferring of last names to first names. But what I hate is boys’ names transferredas girls’ names. It’s stupid and fem-sexist. At least invent names that can’ t be used as male names.

Fallyn October 28, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Hey assholes my name is Fallyn and it’s pronounced Fal-in, not fall-in. Or any of that other shit that you guys came up with, and just to let you know some people like unique names like this, and all the other names in the list, so why don’t you stop being so pessimistic and actually do something with your life instead of being such jerks to people with unique names. They may sound stupid but some of them are really nice, and it’s pretty cool to have a name that not a lot of other people have.