Chloe

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 15, 2009

Enough with the Chloes already!  It was kind of cute the first 10,000,000,000 times — now it’s just as fucking worn out as McKenzie.

Plus, it means “green shoot.”  What the fuck is that?  Sounds like a bad case of V.D. to me.

Christy June 13, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Thank you! I detest that name with every fiber of my being, and even though I grant that it is a ‘real’ name, it sounds like ‘cloying’ to me. All the Chloes at school were insipid, querellous.

Priya October 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I’d rather be a ‘Chloe’ than a ‘Priya’.
Besides, I knew a Chloe who was pretty darn nice.

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I’d rather have a common name than a stupid name, isn’t this a list of stupid names? At least they’re not trying to be “unique”.

Sarah January 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Hooker. Or dog.

Hanom May 25, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I know a Chloe and she’s soooooo nice wots wrong with the name

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 25, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Come back when you learn how to spell.

Catherine August 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

My friends parents named her this with the middle name Eleanor after Eleanor Rigby, too bad they didn’t know Chloe was a stripper name and Eleanor Rigby died alone and nobody cared. Clever mix.

Leah September 5, 2012 at 1:12 am

Ummmm… My sister’s name is Chloe.

Miss No-name September 26, 2013 at 10:33 am

No offense anyone, but Chloe sounds like a prostitute name.

Rebecca October 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Chloe isn’t a stupid name, it’s just a common name. You could say the same about my name as I know many other girls named Rebecca but that doesn’t make it a stupid name or make the parents stupid for picking the name. Chloe is just a popular name.

Lemonjello Redenbacher December 5, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Nope! It’s stupid!

chloe January 25, 2015 at 11:11 am

D: Your name is stupid It has LEMON in it and Red cuz LEMONjello REDenbrancher!!! and it has Jello!! :0 Food name LEMONJELLO REDbrancher

Gem July 28, 2014 at 11:33 am

I detest stupid names people give their kids… but I detest stupidity & ignorance the most.

The name Chloe is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Chloe is: Green shoot. Fresh blooming. Famous bearers: The title Chloe was borne by Demeter, Greek goddess of agriculture.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 28, 2014 at 11:35 am

Oh boy – we got us a name genius over here.

How the fuck does any of this matter? Chloe is an overused piece of shit name. I don’t care where it came from.

chloe January 25, 2015 at 11:09 am

Shut Up Be Nice To People On This Website Please Show Some Self Respect!!!! Plus im called chloe yeah…..Chloe Is just a popular name don’t agrue with me please but yeah…..Its a cute name like imagine a bunny called chloe? or snowy? I love snow so yeah……PEACE Noobs.

chloe January 25, 2015 at 10:51 am

MY NAME IS CHLOE! HOW MEAN!!!!

chloe January 25, 2015 at 10:55 am

:( My name is chloe for reals your so mean chloe is a good name its popular and cute why is it bad!!!????!!!!

chloe January 25, 2015 at 11:04 am

D: Why D: Why D: ……………………………………… ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Yeah erm… why?

chloe January 25, 2015 at 11:05 am

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Alex May 10, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Listen dude, at my elementary school there were two Chloe’s. At my secondary school there was one. Not what I’d call popular; There were 500-800 people at each school.

And it’s Greek. It means green-shoot, which basically symbolizes new growth.
Chloe is in Greek mythology as a different name for the goddess of agriculture and fertility, Demeter, and in the Greek bucolic romance Daphnis and Chloe. It is also cited in the New Testament, acts in Uncle Tom’s Cabin, and is the real name of Nobel prize-winning writer Toni Morrison. It has gained a lot of popularity through Khloe Kardashian though.

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 12, 2015 at 10:48 am

So…your elementary school is representative of the entire planet, then? Good to know!