Arwen

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on July 15, 2009

I had never seen this one before, so I had to look it up.  Many of you nerds out there probably already know this (and you should be ashamed of yourselves) — Arwen is some elfen creature from the Lord of the Rings Nerd-a-thon.

Look — I realize that this is probably your favorite movie or book.  I get that.  Extremely nerdy, but I can live with it.  But damn — you nerds, of all people, remember what it was like growing up as a geek — getting made fun of all the time and having your asses handed to you weekly.  Why in the world would you damn your kid to that right off the bat?

Arwen, you have little chance of making through the school years without enduring a lot of verbal abuse.  I hope you can rise above the torture that your dork parents have created for you.

Scarlett Fitch May 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Lord of the Rings rocks. Arwen…is a shit name.

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz October 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Named my dog that.

DoggieBanana May 6, 2014 at 2:24 pm

THANKS YOU LITTLE BITCH I HATE YOU

DoggieBanana May 6, 2014 at 2:27 pm

And yeah My name is Arwen And I’m Not AT STUPID AND YOU FREAKING BITCHES ARE WHATEVER YOUR FRICKING NAME IS GO DIE IN A FRICKING FIRE ARSEHOLE UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH YOU BITCHES OUT THERE ARWEN ISN’T A FRICKING STUPID NAME

Lemonjello Redenbacher May 7, 2014 at 11:16 am

Maybe I was wrong. You sound very intelligent.

Arwen January 26, 2015 at 8:07 am

My name is Arwen and can’t say I entirely disagree with this. I was 14 when the first movie came out and that’s when the whole lotta stupid started with questions like ‘Oh did you change your name because of the movie?!’ and ‘So why didn’t they name you Liv instead’. I’m not a fan of the name really or the books/movies. But hey, it is what it is and I was never made fun of (apart from the occasional joke from friends about orks or pointy ears) and most people I meet have only nice things to say about my name. But thanks to my experiences of having to spell it or say it over and over again before the person I’m meeting actually gets what I’m saying, any kids I have will have entirely boring (and easy to say/spell) names :)