Archer

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on June 29, 2009

Unless your kid is born with a bow and arrow in his hands, this name is beyond ridiculous.   I am assuming the parents have some sort of connection to archery.  Maybe they competed in the Olympics.  Maybe his Dad was Cupid.  It doesn’t fucking matter — it’s a stupid idea for a name.

You should never name a kid after shit you like to do or how you make your living.   It’s just plain stupid.  If everyone did this, we would have kids running around named Construction, Baller, Sheetrocker, Attorney, Roofer and Rapist.

Of course, odds are we already do, I just haven’t stumbled on them yet.

golden July 23, 2009 at 12:14 pm

id be curious to know what your kids are named, if you have any..

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 23, 2009 at 12:16 pm

GO BACK AND READ YOUR OTHER POSTS!!! You have asked me this 100 times, and I have answered you. I don’t know why I am wasting my time here again — you’ll never come back and read this.

I do have kids, but they are not named. I am going to let them name themselves on their 18th birthdays.

Kelli July 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Whatever! You have to give you children names before you leave the hospital with them.

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 25, 2009 at 8:55 am

They weren’t born in a hospital. They were born in a gypsy camp.

Ayana April 1, 2011 at 1:45 am

Oh come on, Archer is a nice name compared to AlyxZandyr and shit like that. Archer is even a nice name that can sit beside Alexander in my book. Though thinking about it, I wouldn’t name a kid Archer because you know that some retard is going to call them Archie…. and that is just murder to the ears. I’m Icelandic, we have some pretty harsh sounding names on our end, but Archie just sounds like someone put a drill in your ear and started going to town.

anon August 11, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Occupational names are actually quite common: Hunter, Cooper, Dexter, Stuart, Marshall, Paige, Sawyer, Skyler, Tanner, Travis, Piper, and Bailey, to name a few. Oh, and Archer.

Lemonjello Redenbacher August 12, 2011 at 6:31 am

Quite common doesn’t make them not stupid. And I would encourage you to look at the numbers before you say that – none of those names you listed are “quite common” in the U.S. – statistically speaking.

Jenny January 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm

So what about names like Tyler, Taylor, Spencer, and all the other “profession” names that make up like a third of boy names used?

Lemonjello Redenbacher January 2, 2012 at 8:05 am