Keegan

by Lemonjello Redenbacher on June 26, 2009

I’ve seen a lot of these traditional Irish names lately — Keegan, Teagan, Seamus, etc.   Just because you’re a shit-your-pants drunk doesn’t mean your REALLY Irish, so quit naming your fucking kids Irish names.

And while we’re on the subject, all of you cutesy bitches that are naming your daughters McKenzie, Makenzie, McKinley and shit like that — “Mac” is of Irish descent and means “son of.”  Unless you are pretty sure that your little girl is gonna have a pecker added later in life, don’t name her Mac-anything.

Kelli July 24, 2009 at 8:48 pm

How would you know who is Irish and who isn’t???

And the prefix may mean “son of”, but when you add Kenzie, Kinley, Kayla to the end they have whole different meanings…moron!

Lemonjello Redenbacher July 25, 2009 at 8:57 am

How do I know who’s Irish? Wait — I smell a good joke here. You got me — what’s the punchline?

Artemis February 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm

And even if you are Irish, that doesn’t mean you have to give your kid an Irish name. I’m half Hungarian but I don’t plan on naming my future kid Lazlo ;)

becca February 11, 2011 at 11:29 am

oh my GAAAWWWD. i love how “Kenzie” and “Kinley” got thrown in there with “Kayla” because they have whole different meanings. ARE YOU SERIOUS? “McKenzie” and “McKinley” were last names long, long, LOOOOOOONG before you trendy fuckers decided they’d make cute names for your darling daughters. and don’t even get me started on “McKayla”, which, if i’m not mistaken, was originally just an intentional misspelling of “Michaela”, because “Micheala” wasn’t quite stupid enough to suit the masses. now, if you’ll excuse me, i have to clean up this McPuddle of my McVomit.

Priya October 8, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Wait, Keegan isn’t normal?!
I know, like, five Keegans! And one Seamus…

Anonymous April 4, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I feel sorry for you then

Niamh April 4, 2015 at 3:17 pm

My sisters name is keegan and guess what? Many people love the name! Is the jealousy really getting to u this much? Awww it’s cute how people get so jealous because they wish they had a good name isn’t it?

Lemonjello Redenbacher April 6, 2015 at 8:41 am

Yep. TOTALLY jealous of Keegan. I wish I was Keegan. And Niamh. Keegan-Niamh. That’s who I wish I was.